Although most of the blow molding machines are full-automatic or semi-automatic that used few human labors, we need to give machine instructions that make it work. So we have to know about how to operate a blow molding machine that is blow molding machine operations and the matters needing attention during the operation process. This blog follows will carding practical tips that clear and orderliness.
You can look forward to it!
Before we start, let’s have a brief understanding of the working principle of the blow molding machine.
Its working principle is that blow thermoplastic embryo that makes it cling to the cooling surface of the closed mold. Blown embryos will solidify and formed plastic blow molding products finally.
Come on, let’s get to the point! Focus on it!
Preparation before the machine start
- Check the hydraulic oil level of blow molding machine and each hydraulic device to keep the oil quantity of tank above the base oil level.
- Materials that used for blow molding machine operations should meet the requirement of drying, and it needs to make further drying when necessary.
- Check the material color whether it meets the requirement of the product.
- Choose a suitable die head according to the type and size of the product. Install die head in the following order: die head flange, mold, porous plate, and filter.
- Connect the compressed air pipe. Install core mold electric heating rod and die head heating ring. Check and open the hydraulic system. Adjust the clearance of the die evenly. Check the alignment of the centerline between the main machine and auxiliary machine.
- Set up a mold adjustment parameter. And set up mold opening, mold closing, and other various parameters according to mold specific circumstances. Until the mold running normal, stable, and safe.
- Startup extruder, clamping device, manipulator, and other operating equipment and make the machine run with no load. Troubleshooting in time.
- According to the technological conditions, the temperature of the extrusion blow moulding machine head and each heating section is set and heated step by step, and the integrity of each heating section is tested with scrap material to check whether there is the heating phenomenon or not.
Trial operation is an important step before the formal start of blow molding machine operations.
- Open the charging machine.
- Open main oil pump, servo pump, and winch.
- Open the rotating potentiometer. Be careful not to spin to the end at once. Increase speed gradually. Closely observe the magnitude and change of current. The maximum instantaneous current should not exceed 220A.
- Start to discharge, pre-injection when the temperature of the material and mold get to the predetermined parameters requirement. And you should observe the material flow until they’re smooth and color evenly.
- Set up the quantity and speed of material charging and pressure holding transition point and other parameters. When adding materials, it is necessary to carefully check whether there are impurities in the material barrel. Don’t let the hard object and metal enter the material barrel.
- Generally, open the outer layer first when startup and put in the material. Avoid material flowing back since overpressure after opening the inner layer. Material adding frequency increases step by step from small to large. Avoid screw injury caused by low temperature due to excessive opening frequency.
- On the programmable logic controller, the thickness of the parison wall at each point is set according to the technical regulations.
- After the main machine winch is opened, and adding material to a half. Open the mold and try to inject material. After repeated attempts, prepare into automatic production.
- Always pay attention to the variety of temperature and pressure at any time during blow molding machine operations. If abnormal conditions are found, the power should be shut down and repaired by the mechanic repairman, and then used after recovery.
Machine Shut Down
- Return the speed to zero when the machine stops, and the heating sections are closed step by step. Close the mold, and blow the needle half a centimeter away from the mold, so as to prevent hard objects from falling into the mould and causing damage. Coat the mould with an anti-rust agent.
- Turn off the main power supply, lubricate and maintain the equipment, add lubricating oil, clean up the whole machine, and shut down the water in each part. If the shutdown time is long, the water in the mould should be cleaned to prevent rusting and clogging.
- After the completion of the operation, the residue of the barrel should be cleaned, the worksite should be cleaned, and the blow moulding machine should be closed as required. At least twice wipe and lubricate the mould in each shift to ensure that the inside and outside of the mould are clean and lubricated properly. After the operation, the residue of the barrel should be cleaned, the worksite should be cleaned, and the blow moulding machine should be closed as required.
Don’t Ignore Here! Here Are Safety Tips!
If the newly purchase extrusion blow molding machine unit should check machine assembly. After the machine installed according to instruction, the whole unit should be corrected. Including the following points:
- Alignment of extruder head and clamping device;
- Check the direction of the water cooling pipe;
- Is the operator and control device easy to operate?
- Material adding, product placement and waste recycling process are smooth without affecting normal operation;
- Put the auxiliary machine in the correct situation.
Only after the inspection results of the equipment assembly meet the production and safety requirements, the equipment will be in the best assembly state.
Besides blow molding machine operations tips, we also need to prepare safety protection.
- During the molding operation, if more than two people operate, must be a clear division of labor.
- When uploading equipment and mold, the power and gas source should be cut off. And hang the maintenance mark on the repair place.
- When producing super large containers, because of the large volume of the die cavity, in order to prevent the human body from entering the die cavity, the safety door should be installed and the door should not be closed.
- To prevent appear accidental personal injury, driving parts of all machines should install safety shield products. There should be a safety door at the exit of out of molding. There should be safety and thermal insulation shield in the machine heating zone. The key part of the machine should be installed on the emergency stop button.
More Practical Tips related to blow molding machines can be learned from Yankang.
The above is operation procedures and related matters needing the attention of blow molding machine sorted for you. These may help you in some ways. But when we operated machines, we also still need professional technology staff to guide us. Yankang can provide Professional Train according to customers’ requirements, including the operation, maintenance, and simple repairs of machines. The variety of machines in the market currently has emerged in an endless stream. We should have a good understanding of blow molding machine operations and choose machines with enough after-sale when we choose and purchase machines.
All right. The blog is ending here.
Thanks for Reading!
Sincerely Hope to Help You.
Thanks alot, i hav fully understood it