Glass fiber reinforcement is based on the original pure plastic, adding glass fiber and other additives, so as to improve the scope of use of materials.
Generally speaking, most of the glass fiber reinforced materials are mainly used in the structural parts of products, which are structural engineering materials, such as PP ABS PA66 PA6 PC POM PPO PET PBT PPS.
What decisive role can fiberglass enhancement play in blow molding?
Firstly, it has the following advantages:
- After glass fiber is reinforced, glass fiber is a high-temperature resistant material. Therefore, the heat resistance temperature of reinforced plastic is much higher than that before adding glass fiber, especially nylon plastic;
- After glass fiber reinforcement, the addition of glass fiber restricts the mutual movement of polymer chains of plastics. Therefore, the shrinkage rate of reinforced plastics has decreased a lot and the rigidity has been greatly improved.
- After glass fiber reinforced, reinforced plastics will not stress crack. At the same time, the impact resistance of plastic has been improved a lot.
- After fiberglass is reinforced, fiberglass is a high-strength material, which greatly improves the strength of plastics. Such as tensile strength, compression strength, bending strength, improve a lot;
- After glass fiber reinforced, due to the addition of glass fiber and other auxiliaries, the combustion performance of reinforced plastics decreases a lot. Most materials cannot be ignited, which is a kind of flame-retardant material.
Colleagues, it has the following disadvantages:
- After glass fiber enhancement, due to the addition of glass fiber, if it is transparent before adding glass fiber, it will become opaque;
- After glass fiber reinforced, the toughness of all plastics decreases while brittleness increases;
- After glass fiber enhancement, due to the addition of glass fiber, the melt viscosity of all materials increases, and the fluidity becomes poor. The injection pressure is much higher than that without glass fiber;
- After glass fiber reinforcement, due to the addition of glass fiber, the fluidity is poor. To normal blow molding, all of the reinforced plastic blow molding temperature higher than that of without glass fiber before 10 ℃ to 30 ℃;
- After glass fiber reinforcement, due to the addition of glass fiber and auxiliary agents, the hygroscopic properties of reinforced plastics are greatly enhanced, and the original pure plastics that do not absorb water will also become water absorbent. Accordingly, when the blow model, wants to enter dry.
Above is the role that glass fiber strengthens in blow molding.
For more information about the blow molding machine, please click on the blow molding machine blog.