Before blowing molding with a new mold or blow molding machine changes other molds for production, mold testing is a necessary step. The quality of the mold testing results will directly affect the follow-up production effect. Therefore, it is necessary to follow reasonable operation steps and record useful technical parameters during the process of mold testing of the blow molding machine. In order to facilitate the normal use of the blow molding machine and smooth production of blow molding products.
- Understand The Relevant Information of Mold
In the process of mold testing, it’s better to combine with the design chart and carry out mold testing with the mold design engineer. It’s helpful for them to find the key point of problems, understand the practical requirement of mold. And it also provides a reference for them to design mold.
Mold selection is critical to the operation of the blow molding machine. It determines whether the production you produced meets the requirement or not. So, here add some Mold Selection Tips for you. The content inside will give you inspiration.
Yankang Plastic Machinery mold is designed and produced independently. Adopt advanced CNC technology, reduce process error, and improve technological level of mold. At the same time, ensure the high quality of products. Learn more about detailed information about MOLD.
- Check The Coordinated Action Between Blow Molding Machine
Pay attention whether have the following phenomenon,
Whether the action of the sliding board is stable or not
Whether the waterway and gas pipe joint are leaking or not.
If the above actions can be done before the mold hanging, problems can be avoided during the mold hanging. And save time wasted in removing the mold.
- After Finishing The Fully Prepared of Mold, Next Should Choose Suitable Mold Testing Extruder
What is the maximum injection quantity of the blow molding machine?
Whether the inner distance of the pull rod is enough to place the mold;
Whether the maximum moving distance of the active moldboard meets the requirements.
Are other relevant test tools and accessories ready?
Start hanging the mold after everything is confirmed. During the process of hanging, don’t take off the hook of the crane before locking all clamping moldboard and opening the mold. In order to prevent moldboard from loosening and cracking so that the mold falls down. And then, check carefully all parts mechanical action of mold after finishing mold installation. Next, pay attention to closing mold action. Now should turn down the closing mold pressure. Pay attention to if there are any unsmooth actions and abnormal sounds in the action of the closing mold with manual operation and low speed.
- Increase Mold Temperature
According to material performance used by finished product and size of the mold, choose a suitable mold temperature controller to increase the mold temperature to the production level. Checking again all parts action after mold temperature increased. Because steel may cause sticking mold phenomenon due to thermal expansion. Therefore, observe carefully the sliding of each part. In order to avoid the occurrence of pull injury and tremor
The above is a mold testing general process. The following are some attention tips during mold testing.
If the factory doesn’t carry out experimental planning rules, we suggest that adjust one condition each time when adjusting conditions of mold testing. So as to distinguish the effect of the single conditional change on the products.
- According to different materials, give moderate baking to the material.
- Adopt the same material as far as possible in the mold testing and future batch production
- Don’t test mold entirely use secondary material. If you have a color requirement, you can arrange color testing together.
- Internal stress and other problems often influence secondary processing. It should be given secondary processing after the finished product is stable. After the mold is closed at a slow speed, adjust properly the mold closing pressure. And acted several times to check whether the mold closing pressure is unequal. So as to avoid the rough edge and deformation of the finished products.
In order to avoid unnecessary time-wasting when batch production, it is necessary to take patience and energy to adjust and control various processing conditions. And find out the most reasonable temperature and pressure condition. In addition, formulate a standardized mold testing process and work method used for daily production.
- Check the plastic in the barrel is correct and baking according to the requirement or not.
It’s likely to get different results if different materials used by mold testing and production.
- Material pipe cleaning must be thorough. Avoid impurity injection into the mold. Because the impurity may jam the mold.
- Adjust pressure and injection volume to produce finished products with a satisfying appearance and not a rough edge. When the finished product has not fully solidified, we should think carefully before adjusting various control conditions. As long as the mold filling rate change slightly, maybe cause great changing of mold filling.
- Wait patiently until the conditions of the machine and the mold are stabilized.
- Measure samples produced by the same batch and record important dimensions.
Samples should be cooled to room temperature before measure.
- Comparing each sample size. Attention Tips:
Size is stable
Some dimension trend to increase and decrease. Maybe due to the changing of processing condition. Such as poor control of temperature and oil pressure
Dimension change should be within the tolerance range.
Sometimes, the quality of blow molding products will appear unavoidable quality problems. So, How to Control The Quality of Blow Molding Products? Here is a brief and clear strategy, which you can use as a reference.
- If the finished product size changes and the processing conditions are normal, that’s the need to observe whether the quality of the finished products of each mold can be accepted, and the dimensions can be within tolerance. Mark the holes measured continuously or more or less than the average value in order to check whether the size of the die is correct.
- Record and analyze data to provide convenience for modification and production of mold and reference basis for batch production.
If we spend enough time and energy on mold testing of blow molding machines, it can help us find problems. And we can solve it in advance. Most important of all, the production plan used for future batch production can be established. All of these can save time, energy, and other costs in future production.
The sharing of mold testing is ending here.
Thanks for reading.
Did you get any useful results?